Episode 279: Stewardship Part Three

Disciple Up #279
Stewardship, Part Three
By Louie Marsh, 10-12-2022

    • Leadership
    • Servanthood
    • Trust/Faithful

3) The Larger Concept.

15The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.” (Genesis 2:15, ESV)

  • God made & owns everything – and loans a little of it to us from time to time

1The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,” (Psalm 24:1, ESV)

5according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not.” (Haggai 2:5, ESV)

10For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. 11I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine.” (Psalm 50:10–11, ESV)

9Behold, the hope of a man is false; he is laid low even at the sight of him.” (Job 41:9, ESV)

 24And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them,” (Acts 4:24, ESV)

 Properly looked at, Stewardship is the center of our living by faith.

 God made everything therefore he owns everything

  • God made me therefore he owns me.
  • I gave my life to Christ; therefore, God owns me again!
  • Everything I have & am belongs to God.
  • Stewardship = Lordship of Jesus in my life.
  • Stewardship = Lordship of Jesus over my ministry & church.

4) A few false concepts.

Bad Belief – “God owns 10% of my money, he lets me keep the other 90% and do whatever I want to do with it.”

The Truth: God owns 100% of my money & treasure. He lets you use 90%, but it’s still His.

Real Stewardship: is my heart before God. Am I willing filled with joy to give it all to God! I’m thankful that God allows me to use it. I’m honored to be a servant of God.

Stewardship is a heart issue because our Christian faith is a heart issue.

5) How this works in all areas of our lives.

  • A quick way to see how your stewardship is going: Time, Talent, Treasure, – test by looking at your calendar, your bank account & your ministry.

Please Get In Touch!

Email – louie@discipleup.org


Check out the Disciple Up Facebook page:

My books –