Disciple Up # 162
Peace Thru Meditating On Scripture
By Louie Marsh 6-3-2020
How To Meditate On God’s Word
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1:2-3
Meditation is THINKING / PONDERING about a Bible verse(s) in order to discover how I can apply its truth to my own life.
WHY Meditate On Scripture?
1) It is the key to becoming like Christ.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit. NRS 2Co 3:18
2) It is the key to a more fruitful prayer life.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. John 15:7
3) It is the key to successful living.
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8
Six Ways To Meditate On A Verse
- Picture It! Visualize the scene in your mind.
- Pronounce it! Say the verse aloud, each time emphasizing a different word.
- Paraphrase it! Rewrite the verse in your own words.
- Personalize it! Replace the pronouns or people in the verse with your own name.
- Pray it! Turn the verse into a prayer and say it back to God.
- Probe it! Ask the following nine questions…
- Sin to _CONFESS_?
- Promise to _____CLAIM_
- Attitude to _CHANGE_?
- Command to _OBEY_?
- Example to __FOLLOW_?
- Prayer to _PRAY_?
- Error to AVOID_?
- Truth to _BELIEVE_?
- Something to __DO_?
Links to pages talked about in this episode:
Please Get In Touch!
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
My books –